Pages - Menu

Monday, November 23, 2015

Making Karipap Meehoon

I called it Karipap Meehoon :D In fact its actually a Pastil as what most people called in Sabah. Pastil is the same as Karipap (Curry Puff) except the filling is bihun or meehoon instead of curry with potato. It is known as Tausug dish from Phillipines. 

When I was young, I never skipped the chance of having it whenever I went to Muhibbah of Kampung Likas for tuition. I loved how the crunchiness combine with the meehoon inside and finished it off with the sweet and spicy vinegar sauce. Yummy! I thought I was going to try to make the sauce but I couldn't find the recipe given by my ex-high school friend. So, I skipped it this time :(
On last Saturday, I challenged myself to cook meehoon (for the second time I guess?). The last time was 3 years ago and tidak jadi coz my bihun was too soft. My sister-in-law said "Sedap cuma masin". Yes, I used anchovies and added a teaspoon of salt. Teh advised, if we use the anchovies, we just sprinkle a little bit of salt or none at all. Since I had my salty bihun, I decided to make it as a filling by making a Karipap - Pastil.

Pastil or Curry Puff dough is very very very easy to make. I didn't know it was this easy. Just follow the measurement and steps, you won't be disappointed even as a first timer as myself.

Frankly speaking, I loved how the taste turned out. Mr. Husband said, the Karipap dough was delicious made me smiled ear to ear. Unfortunately, he didn't like the idea of having meehoon as the filling. Never mind, as time goes by, he will like it someday... maybe? hehe~ Till next time. See you again Pastil Meehoon! ♥ - Luna Merza

Find me at:

No comments: