Uji Rashid Fish or Ikan merah mata besar is how Sabahan people called it. I had been eating this fish in the past even today, I didn't know the name. I usually called it "Ikan emas" or "Ikan mata besar".
While I was searching for the new milk formula for my baby at the Bataras Superstore yesterday, I saw this fish. It reminded me the last time I had fried one. Since I am currently learning on how to cook, well it is never too late to learn things right ;) I decided to give it a try.
Every time I fried fish in the past, it had always been " hancur". I thought that Fish wasn't my forte when it came to cook session coz I've always end up ruin the fish. This time I did it!
Anyway, sorry for the long hiatus as I was busy with my little princess - Allysha Danish :D
Fried Uji Rashid Fish Recipe
by Luna Merza
- Red snapper
- Turmeric powder
- Oil for frying
- Sprinkle the cleaned fish with all the ingredients.
- Set aside for 20-30 minutes
- Once the oil is hot, fry the fish for about 2-4 minutes and gently flip the fish over and cook for another 2-4 minutes.
- When the fish is evenly golden, remove and put on the plate. Ready to eat.
- If you know how to make sambal which even better. I skipped this coz I have not learned one yet. hehe~